1. It is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.
2. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.
3. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.
4. Royal Navy ships that enter the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.
5. Under the UK's Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don't want him to know, though you don't have to tell him anything you don't mind him knowing.
6. In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relive herself anywhere she wants - even, if she so requests, in a policeman's helmet.
7. In Lancashire, no person is permitted, after being asked to stop by a constable on the seashore, to incite a dog to bark.
8. In London, Freemen are allowed to take a flock of sheep across London Bridge without being charged a toll; they are also allowed to drive geese down Cheapside.
9. In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.
10. In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before sunrise and from staying after sunset.