"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

"Don't think, feel....it is like a finger pointing towards the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory!" -Bruce Lee

Friday, June 30, 2006

Strawberry fields forever...

So after another mad dash down to Brighton last night to pick up even more stuff, and driving back white van stylee (no mirror!), we decided to chill out today. James had the day off, INSET day! I thought teachers were meant to go to those things, but hey, I'm not complaining! So anyway, today we went strawberry picking at Priory Farm, James' first time ever lol. They actually do it differently there now to how I remember, you now buy your punnets at a standard price before going picking, rather than being given baskets/taking your own boxes and weighing them on your way out. Lol they still have no way of preventing strawberry eatage though, I always thought they should weigh you before and after, and decide how much to charge based on that! Another thing that has changed is that the strawberries are no longer on the ground, but in rows of stands that hold them at hand level, now that is a good idea. Lol, I had serious respect for this old lady walking back from the fields with her walking stick and punnet of strawberries, until I realised they'd done that!

2 comments:

bigbluemeanie said...

I always had a sneaky suspicion that INSET days were a cunning plan by teachers for a day off!

kipperfrog said...

Yeah me too, lol! Now we have the proof..