"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

"Don't think, feel....it is like a finger pointing towards the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory!" -Bruce Lee

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The hill with lots of names


Reigate
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog
We decided to go for a walk around Reigate last Saturday. I love this view from the top of Seale Hill, or should I call it Colley Hill, or even Breakneck Hill?! I think the name depends entirely on where abouts on the hill you're standing! The north slope, over by South Park, I would definitely call Seale Hill, whereas the the view in this picture: the steep slope down into the park on the south side has always been known as "breakneck hill" (for obvious reasons). I guess if you're not on the hill, you call it Colley? Seale is my favourite though. I just like the idea of it being like a great fat seal lying down next to Reigate!

We were talking about Horsham, and saying the one thing missing is a nice hill with a panoramic view over town. We were thinking about trying to convince Horsham District Council to hire Monster Movers for the job - I think they'd go for it! Anyway, as it turned out, there is such a hill in Horsham afterall. Very exciting, although Monster Movers will be disappointed. I'm just waiting for the weekend now so we can go and check it out!

This is the view across the top of the Reigate Seal(e)..

Reigate
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog

They've done a nice job with the sunken garden down in the park, it's a lot more open now which is good..

Reigate
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog

and the new Space Age cafe! Though, I'm still not entirely sure where the doors are..

Reigate
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog

and the Priory is looking different too! It's really hard to remember what used to be on that grass though! Was it tennis courts?! I'm so confused!!

Reigate
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog

No comments: