"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

"Don't think, feel....it is like a finger pointing towards the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory!" -Bruce Lee

Monday, November 09, 2009

Parliament Hill, Hampstead Heath

We went up to London on Saturday, fancied a bit of exploring, so we headed over to Chelsea (never been there before!), seems very nice, it's amazing how quiet it is considering how close it is to London Victoria, but I do find all of the identical houses rather annoying! I'd have an unbearable urge to paint mine all stripey or something if I lived there! =) Too much time in Brighton..

Then we hopped on the Northern Line up to Hampstead, walked through the Heath, and used James' magical iPhone to find Parliament Hill. This has got to be one of the best views over London! I just love the contrast, you're standing in beautiful fields looking over at the whole of London, just at the bottom of the hill! The photo doesn't really do it justice. You can see Canary Wharf, the BT tower, the London Eye.. it's very cool! Understandably, there were quite a few tourists up there, and also a couple who just got engaged! We walked past the bathing ponds on the way through the Heath, nobody swimming this time though (thank goodness, I think they would have frozen!).


Hampstead Heath
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog


On the way home, we decided to stop off at Leicester Square - I wanted to pop into Tokyo Toys in the Trocadero to see a man about a bag.. I actually struck lucky because the guy in the shop was the very same guy who I bought my handbag from at ComicCon a couple of years back, and he was also the same guy who designed and made it! It was a one-off design with CoCo monkey (the shop logo) on a Union Jack design. I love it! He was very pleased to be reunited with CoCo, and said he was actually trying to find someone to manufacture more of them, and will hopefully be stocking them after Christmas, woo! I really want a new one because mine is getting very faded now! Here's what it looked like when it was new..


Brighton Beach
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog

Finally, we stopped off at Chinatown to grab some snacks and dinner! yum.


Chinatown
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog

I just love the cakes in Wonderful Patisserie, I think we may have to make a trip up here for birthday cakeage! I couldn't believe this amazing dragon cake..



We picked up some takeaway noodles to eat on the train home, and a yummy tiger roll! Very nice it was too!


Tiger Roll
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog

No comments: