"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

"Don't think, feel....it is like a finger pointing towards the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory!" -Bruce Lee

Friday, January 02, 2009

Leeds Castle, Kent


Leeds Castle, Kent
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog
This is a picture of the castle from the other side of moat. I just had a little look on Wikipedia and found out the castle was built in 1119 by Henry I, and later became a royal palace for King Edward I of England in 1278. King Edward II beseiged the castle in 1321 with the use of ballistas (I'm guessing they repaired it, I couldn't see any sign of damage!). It went on to be used by King Richard II in 1381, and later by Henry VIII's first wife, Catherine of Aragon. Elizabeth I was also imprisoned there for a while prior to her coronation.

Quite an interesting royal history it has there! When we visited the inside of the castle it was decorated in a very bizarre way.. it took me a while to realise that the Nutcracker event they were advertising was not in fact a ballet show, but a theme for the castle's Christmas decorations! I think maybe it was a little slow of me not to realise this when the main bedroom had a mouse king in it, and the bed and floor were covered with toy mice!

No comments: