"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

"Don't think, feel....it is like a finger pointing towards the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory!" -Bruce Lee

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Conkers

It is well and truly Autumn today, I went for a walk in the field across the way from work, and I found my first conkers of the year!! I can't help collecting them! =)

Conkers
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog

















The leaves on the trees are just about starting to turn too..

Autumn
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog


..OK, they were slightly more impressive at Wakehurst a couple of weeks ago! Dorking is lagging behind!

Wakehurst Place
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog

I noticed all the Chinese lanterns were out in the gardens at Fishbourne Roman Palace on the weekend as well.. I love all the orange colours around at this time of year!

Fishbourne Roman Palace
Originally uploaded by kipperfrog

I just found out that today is also the Chinese Mid-Autumn Moon Festival - it's a beautiful day for it! I will have to get out the camera and see if I can get a picture of the rabbit..

Update: I take that back..where is the moon?! I can't see it at all tonight behind all that cloud! It was really bright last night though, it was actually quite hard to sleep with all the light coming in through the curtains.. the festival's definitely a day late this year!

No comments: